Enjoy the sound of a traditional brass band throughout summer Sundays in our beautiful Abbey Park!
Come along to the park on a Sunday afternoon, grab a coffee or an ice cream from the cafe and enjoy the music!
The season starts on Sunday 26th May with a special opener featuring the Coventry Festival Band. There will then be a performance every Sunday afternoon until the end of August, with the exception of two weekends where major national events are taking place in the town.
The full schedule is:
- 6th May – Season opener with the Coventry Festival band
- 2nd June – Avonbank Band
- 9th June – City of Coventry Brass
- 16th June – The Band of the Gloucestershire Constabulary
- 23rd June – no concert this week as it’s the National Morris Weekend
- 30th June – Avonbank Band
- 7th July – Arrow Valley Brass Band
- 14th July – Stour Concert Band
- 21st July – Worcester Concert Brass
- 28th July – Alcester Victoria Band
- 4th August – no concert this week as it’s the Battle of Evesham Festival
- 11th August – Shipton Town Band
- 18th August – Evesham Concert Band
- 25th August – Cubbington Silver Band – wrapping up this year’s summer season
The Abbey Park Cafe will be open all afternoon selling ice cream, hot and cold drinks and an assortment of snacks. Please support the cafe with your custom as they are a valuable supporter of the concerts.
Visitor to Evesham? Park on Crown Meadow (parking chargeable every day, including Sundays) and walk along the riverside path to Abbey Park, or park in one of the district council’s town centre car parks (free on Sundays) and walk through the churchyard and Bell Tower to the park. Abbey Park is fully wheelchair and buggy accessible, and there are toilets next to the lily pond.
Bring the family. The bandstand is between the children’s play area and the water play area, so the kids can let off steam while you enjoy the music!
As a bonus – take your turn to watch the concert from Evesham’s stunning “tree throne”! This fabulous sculpture was created from an old tree stump close to the bandstand, and will be an ideal vantage point to watch the concerts as well as get that perfect social media selfie!
All concerts start at approximately 2.30pm and run for two hours until 4.30pm, with a short interval halfway through. Timings may be adjusted if necessary to suit unforeseen circumstances. Please note that this is an open air venue and all performances are subject to the weather. We will play on through light showers, but if the forecast is for heavy rain in the afternoon then we will have to cancel that day’s performance.
As an appetiser, here’s a selection of photos from previous years: